The holiday season is upon us which means the season for giving. While golfers pretty much buy whatever they need during the season, you can still find some great ideas for the golfer in your life. In 2013 we have seen a lot of hot products. Here are eight that are sure to make any golfer happy this time of year:
1. Slinger Golf: I love this gift because it allows me to practice all year long and focuses on something all golfers need help with... our swing plane. This has been my favorite toy since I picked it up a few months ago and continues to be popular with others in the office. Whether it's for the basement, backyard, garage, office or living room (I might get in trouble for that one) this is the perfect gift for any golfer looking to improve their game. On sale via their website.
2. Back 9: Golf apparel is always a great gift and I've been digging what Back 9 has put on the market lately. My personal favorite is the Back 9 Golf Towel with Shamrocks but they make great shirts, hats, and headcovers. Buy a few items and wrap them together for the ultimate golf gift. Visit the Back 9 Website.
3. Photoball Marker: This one makes my list every year because it's personal, high quality, and something your golfer will use over and over again. A custom ball marker is a great gift to help your golfer remember his favorite golf (or any) picture. We ordered them for our golf trip this year and they were a huge hit. Custom and quality = can't miss. Check out photoballmarker.com or click the ad on the right to save $5*.
4. Personalized Golf Balls. Always a favorite of mine. Whether it's a company logo, initials, your name or something clever, personalized golf balls make a great gift. They make it easy to identify your ball when you slice one into the opposite fairway slightly miss-hit your teeshot and have to track down your ball.
5. Taylormade RBZ Bonded Driver. Everyone loves a new driver and if they unwrap the Taylormade RBZ Bonded Driver they will likely break something in your home while taking practice swings. That being said, it's on sale at most retailers, is high quality and great for golfers of various skill levels. If they have "New Driver" on their holiday wish list, check this one out.
6. Round of Golf. Personally, I think this is a great gift. A round of golf at their favorite golf course or at the golf course they have always dreamed of playing. Maybe there is a higher end public course nearby that's too expensive to play on a regular basis. This would make for a great gift. Ask them or fellow golfers where they might like a round and stuff one in the stocking for the holidays.
7. Socks: What? Yes. Socks. These aren't just any socks, these are compression socks. As someone who prefers to walk the course instead of ride, I rely heavily on my feet being comfortable. Golf shoes are only one piece of the puzzle, the other is the right golf sock. MY personal favorite is from Pro Compression. I own several pairs and where them when I'm playing golf or giving a presentation. Socks might not seem like a "wow" gift but your golfer will thank you after wearing them on the course. Pro Compression Website.
8. GPS/Rangefinder. Whether you wear it on your wrist, carry it on you, or it's a mobile app, a GPS or Rangefinder makes an excellent gift. Few things are worse than hitting what you think is the perfect shot only to find out the yardage was off. These devices are becoming more affordable and if you know someone who has a smartphone, they have mobile apps that work great.
Golfers are usually happy with any golf gift they receive but if you select one of these, it's sure to be a hole-in-one (I couldn't actually write that) a gift they will use all year long. Happy Holidays!